Eddie Stobart Office Development
Eddie Stobart Warehouse site at Sherburn in Elmet site offers easy links to road and rail connections with 400,000sqft of storage space. Sherburn is a shared user facility operating 24/7.
This project in Leeds was the first of many undertaken by Britcon for the Eddie Stobart Group. The tender was won within a competitive tender situation against 5 other local contractors.
Works to the existing warehouse, Sherburn in Elmet site consisted of;
- Site clearance and formation
- Works of a repair and cleaning nature to the existing warehouse building
- Demolition and making good of existing internal office area
- Construction of new 2 storey office
- Works to form new car park
- Works to existing lorry park
- Formation of new lorry parking
- Formation of 9no new dock levellers including all associated ground works, canopy and builders work
- Works to existing access road to bring to adoptable standards
- Associated external works and drainage
Traffic Management throughout the works was an ever changing situation due to phasing of the works and the installation of new dock leveller pods along the full elevation. Access and egress routes changed regularly and the need for banksman was constant.
Traffic Management plans were developed in line with the Eddie Stobart operations. A phased plan was submitted to Eddie Stobart’s showing fence lines, access for pedestrians etc. before work commenced.
Daily and weekly consultation with Eddie Stobart Management took place regarding traffic management and construction proposals for the following week to avoid clash with traffic movements.
The whole project was completed in 30 weeks.
Industrial / Commercial
Sherburn In Elmet