British Steel 108m Rail
Form of Contract
JCT Design & Build
Key Project Challenges
- Managing specialist equipment sourced internationally and procured both directly and indirectly by Britcon.
- Risk Management - part of the pre-construction process required Britcon to undertake pre-commencement surveys and investigation works.
- Working alongside British Steel to review provisional sums and client contingencies, by informing complete design allowing this issues to be removed and provide cost certainty.
How we successfully delivered the project:
Throughout the pre-construction phase, Britcon introduced systems for collaborative planning techniques to proactively manage this complex project.
We engaged with our internal and external teams in the detailed design phase, resulting in us providing an expert solution and working within an existing facility. We also carried out extensive design works on the steel gantries to manage the deflections involved on the working facility.
- Principal Contractor
- 3D modelling and engineering
- Civils/Steel/Full M&E Installation
- Testing/commissioning of specialist hoists, magnets & controls
- Quality/Price submission