Central Hall Building, University of York
Form of Contract
JCT Design & Build
University of York
Key Project Challenges
- Live University Campus - 20,000 students.
- Fast track programme.
- Phased works and site services.
- Reducing carbon and energy costs.
How we successfully delivered the project
We undertook ECI with all stakeholders and developed a stakeholder engagement plan. This included engaging with a number of specialist suppliers who had valuable campus knowledge. We produced detailed RAMS and a programme to minimise our impact on site. We used MMC for some of the M&E elements to support delivery of the fast-track programme.
Our experienced, local team used our Procure project management software to automate many of the contract and workflow processes, supporting transparency and collaboration with the client, project team and designers.
MMC use and lean programming supported the 12-week delivery programme.
Use of a social value calculator helped the University demonstrate tangible impacts to support their UN Sustainable Development goals.
Added value and social impact
- SROI impact £452k
- 86% of subcontracts placed
- 1 new job created
- 36 apprentice weeks supported
- 1 work experience student accommodated
- 2 student site visits provided
- Post occupancy evaluations highlighted an 88% end user satisfaction
- £600 donation to a local foodbank
- Installation of LEDs reduced carbon impacts
- 9/10 customer satisfaction score