Chesterfield Waterside Office and Retail
Form of Contract
JCT Design & Build
Chesterfield Waterside Ltd
Key Project Challenges
- Safe delivery on a logistically-complex site.
- Safe working adjacent to a railway, waterway and residential areas.
- Value engineering the steel frame to support affordability.
- Maximising social value outcomes.
- Reducing carbon and local impact.
How we successfully delivered the project
We engaged early with the client and designers to identify value engineering opportunities without changing the function and aesthetics of the building. We delivered over a £1m of savings including foundation and steel frame solutions. We also engaged early with a variety of stakeholders to maximise the social value outcomes associated with this critical project to act as a catalyst to regenerate Chesterfield.
Our team used 4Projects management software to support collaboration and transparency with the client, project team and designers. We used a carbon calculator and carbon reduction plan to drive down carbon.
We engaged local suppliers, through a meet the buyer event.
We worked with Chesterfield College to support student visits and workshops.
A social value plan maximised local job creation and retention.
Added value and social impact
- SROI £3.89m
- 98% of waste recycled
- 83% of subcontracts placed
- 4 new job created, 116 apprentice weeks supported
- 4 college visits accommodated
- 2 work experience placements provided
- Low carbon products and renewables were installed to reduce carbon by 12%
- 9/10 customer satisfaction score