Priority Space, Skylon
Form of Contract
JCT Design & Build
Works comprised of the construction of 17,250sq.ft of modern Warehouse/Industrial units of varying size from 1,550sq.ft – 3,000sq.ft within a combination of three stand alone blocks on a one acre site. Britcon was awarded the contract on a JCT D&B form of contract, on a repeat business basis for a valued client.
Britcon’s design team developed the project from the client's ERs to form the design of which included: Mono pitched Steel Portal frame construction with a mixture of full height, factory finished steel cladding, using a mix of micro rib & trapezoidal profiled cladding and Solar reflective glazing to the double-glazed windows & entrance doors.
Key Project Challenges
- Logistical constraints with limited access the boundaries.
- Engagement of local resources and suppliers.
- Reducing carbon and energy costs by selecting key products within the build design.
How we successfully delivered the project
The client’s overall expectations and high standards were met through product and supply chain selection with stringent QA procedures, and inspection on workmanship carried out throughout the build process.
Early engagement of the design team and regular communication with the client regarding the design, ensured ERs and specification compliance was met at handover.
- H&S standards and arrangements contributed to the overall smooth running of the project.
- Our experienced team used our Procure project management software to automate many of the contract and
- workflow processes, supporting transparency and collaboration with the client, project team and designers.
- Early engagement with the design team to ensure compliance with the Local Sustainability Assessment method for the Hereford Enterprise Zone achieving ‘2 Apples’ minimum.
Added value and social impact
- Local employment and supply chain usage
- Down facing external LEDs to minimise light pollution
- Levels re-designed to ensure material retained onsite & minimal material export required
- Ecology considerations & implementation measures used