School Kitchen Refurbishment Framework
Secured on the back of numerous partnering frameworks, Britcon were asked by North East Lincolnshire Council to undertake significant refurbishment of several kitchen facilities within 12 local primary schools.
The schools in question included Willows, Ravendale, Yarborough, Cloverfields, Weelsby, Littlecoates, Eastfield, South Parade, Western, Allerton, Reynolds and Nunsthorpe.
Generally works comprised the installation of hygienic wall floor and ceiling covering and provision of work surfaces and appliances together with associated mechanical and electrical works.
Whilst the work packages varied throughout the portfolio generally the following were undertaken during the holiday shutdown period;
- Asbestos removal prior to work starting in some of the schools
- Formation of new openings in existing walls
- Construction of new stud walls
- Installation of new suspended ceiling system
- Installation of new hygienic wall and ceiling coverings
- Laying of new slip resistant floor covering and coved skirtings
- Refurbishment of existing doors, frames and fittings
- Alterations and refurbishment to some windows, fittings
- Installation of new kitchen appliances
- Installation of benches and shelves
- Associated electrical and mechanical work
North East Lincolnshire